Cancellation

Styrkepröven

The Board of Directors in Styrkepröven AS has today decided to cancel two of our races for the 2020 season. This to protect our participants, employees and partners against the negative consequences of the Corona Virus Epidemic.

Published:
Last updated:

  • Oslo – Mysen, April 25th 2020 – CANCELLED
  • Styrkeproven, June 19th-21st 2020 – CANCELLED

Styrkeproven addresses health first and adheres to The Norwegian Government and The Norwegian Sport Federations order not to organize cyclosportive events this spring.

We have successfully completed 53 editions, without interruption, of the Trondheim – Oslo Race since 1967. The cancellation is therefore an extraordinary occurrence and we are deeply sorry for this, both towards our participants and our business partners. Due to the size and length of the races we need to make thorough preparations well in advance. Contractual agreements towards suppliers of hotels, food, drinks, bike related supplies, medical, safety and transport are amongst particulars that need to be in place well in advance.

To continue preparations with the current situation related to Corona is not in line with our business philosophy. Nor is it in line with ethical standards set forth by our owners. We do not want to expose our contestants, organization, partners and or suppliers to a potential infection risk of the magnitude that the Corona Virus Epidemic represents.

The termination of the two races will obviously have a negative economic impact for the company. To safeguard our ability to organize in 2021 we have introduced temporarily furlough for all our employees. We thus kindly ask our participants to accept that company response times can be longer than normal. Styrkepröven will refund our registered participants in accordance with our Terms and Conditions. We will revert on an individual basis to those registered in the near future. We will work hard to ensure an efficient refund procedure.

Until further notice: Jotunheiemen Rundt and Oslo – Lärdal are kept on the calendar. The decision concerning these two races will be taken medio May 2020 and a go/no-go decision will be taken in accordance with orders and advice from the Norwegian Health Authorities.

Hopefully we will be back with a normal and full race catalogue in 2021.

Press contact: Chairman of the Board Christian Tollefsen, (+47 909 70 432).

Participants: post@styrkeproven.no